“Most websites don’t have a massive traffic problem, however every website in the world has a conversion problem”
– Bryan Eisenberg
The truth is many online businesses don’t know how to check if their website is converting visitors well, other than by judging how many sales or leads they are getting.
And many don’t really know how to use Google Analytics to check their conversion rates either.
Therefore to help you find out if you have a website conversion problem (without having to use Google Analytics to find out), I have put together a list of 25 signs that indicate your website isn’t converting very well and that you would benefit from some expert help.
How many of these 25 signs sound familiar?
- You spent good money on driving traffic without seeing any new sales or leads
- You don’t have a mobile optimized version of your website
- You use ‘click here’ or ‘submit’ for some of your links or buttons
- You have never watched recordings of people using your website
- You aren’t providing a free incentive to get more people to sign-up/register
- You have never done any user testing on your website to get feedback
- You are using an image content slider on your homepage
- You don’t offer any guarantee or other risk reducers for your visitors
- You don’t have a clear call-to-action on your homepage
- You don’t show any security or trust seals in your checkout or sign-up page
- You don’t clearly show your unique value proposition on your homepage
- You have no call-to-action buttons at the end of your key pages or articles
- You don’t know what the page fold is or how to use it best
- You use a ‘captcha’ on your forms to prevent spam or bots
- You are sending your paid search to your homepage instead of landing pages
- Your website has few signs of life – few ratings, reviews, comments or shares
- You only have one or two images for each of your products or have no zoom
- You recently redesigned your website but it didn’t increase sales or leads
- Your boss decides on whats best for the website, not your visitors
- You have long blocks of text without using bullet points or bold
- You make it mandatory for a visitor to register before checkout
- You have never surveyed your website visitors to get feedback
- You only get a few subscribers or email signups per week
- You don’t know what social proof is or how to build it
- You have never checked your website for issues in a different browser
Now over to you…
Be honest. How many of these signs apply to you? Don’t worry, you won’t be alone in admitting many of these. And if it looks like you have many problems, don’t be too proud to ask for help from conversion experts (like myself).