“Most websites don’t have a massive traffic problem, however every website in the world has a conversion problem” – Bryan Eisenberg
The truth is many online businesses don’t really know how to check if their website is converting well, other than by judging how many sales or customers they are getting. And many others don’t really know how to use Google Analytics to check their conversion rates either.
Therefore to help you find out if you have a website conversion problem (without having to use Google Analytics to find out), I have put together a list of 25 signs that indicate your website isn’t converting very well and that you need expert help!
How many of these 25 signs sound familiar?
- You spent $100 on driving traffic without seeing any new sales or customers
- You haven’t done any A/B testing to improve your website
- You think that increasing traffic is the best way of increasing conversions
- You use ‘click here’ for some of your links
- You haven’t recently tried purchasing or signing up on your own website
- You aren’t providing a free incentive to get more people to sign-up/register
- You have never asked your boss for money to improve your conversions
- You don’t offer any guarantee or other risk reducers for your visitors
- You have never surveyed your website visitors to ask for feedback
- You don’t have a clear call-to-action on your homepage
- You don’t clearly show your unique value proposition on your homepage
- You don’t show any security or trust seals in your checkout or sign-up pages
- You don’t know what the page fold is or how to use it best
- You use a ‘captcha’ on your forms to prevent spam or bots
- You don’t know the names of any conversion rate experts
- Your website has few signs of life – few comments, few likes or follows
- You care more about getting on the first page of Google than conversions
- Your boss decides on whats best for the website, not your visitors
- You don’t know the benefit of using goals in Google Analytics
- You spent a ton of money on a site redesign but it didn’t increase sales
- You don’t know what a landing page is, let alone used one
- You don’t know your own website conversion rate
- You only get a few subscribers to your newsletter per week
- You don’t know what social proof is or how to build it
- You have never checked your website in a different browser
Now over to you…
Be honest. How many of these signs apply to you? Don’t worry, you won’t be alone in admitting many of these – even some experts make some of these mistakes!
And if it looks like you have many problems, don’t be too shy or proud to ask for help from some of conversion experts (like myself) listed in sign #15.