A real treat for you today guys! I recently did a live website conversion review with Brian Dean for his website Backlinko.com, and he was kind enough to allow me to share the recording of it on my blog for you all to watch and learn a trick of two from.
If you haven’t heard of Brian yet, you should – he has now become an SEO legend. He has written some of the best and most shared SEO and link-building content on the web!
He has no problem with getting traffic (over 50,000 uniques per month!) but he came to me because he wanted to begin focusing on improving his low conversion rates.
The website review for Backlinko.com
Here is the review – its 45 minutes long and I critique Brian’s website from the viewpoint of a conversion expert, and also a first time visitor. So grab some coffee and something to write on, make yourself comfy and then hit the play button!
Some of the websites and tools mentioned
Here are some tool and website notes that we discussed in the review:
- Optin Skin, Optin Monster and FooBar (for capturing more email leads)
- Visual Website Optimizer and Optimizely (for running A/B tests)
- SmartPassiveIncome.com (great example of a highly converting blog)
- TheSalesLion.com and SocialMediaExaminer.com (great examples of social proof)
- IWillTeachYouToBeRich.com (discussed the best parts of Ramit’s new redesign)
- How to change your blog dates to last updated instead of publish date
Now over to you…
If you enjoyed this review and learned some great ideas from it, please do the following:
- Add a comment to this article (Brian would love to hear from you too!)
- Share this post. It would be fantastic if you share it with your friends and colleagues.
And if you are interested in a conversion and sales boosting site review like this done for your website, check out my website review services page.